Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!


Earth Day Comments and Graphics for MySpace, Tagged, Facebook
Comments and Graphics - Layouts - Photobucket

My daughter has been counting down the days until Earth Day for at least a week. Her kindergarten teachers have talked up the importance of it and treating everyday as If it's Earth Day. She has gotten in the habit of seeing things around the house that we would normally toss out or recycle and is coming up with innovative ways to reuse it. We were at the ice cream stand yesterday and she started picking up napkins and stuff on the grass. It was so thoughtful of her. I just wish she has been wearing gloves. Ick! But it was the thought that counted and she put action behind the thought. Thank goodness I had a package of Handi wipes in my purse! Her teachers asked for us to send in a 2 liter soda bottle and the kids are going to be making either bird feeders or planters out of them today. She was bouncing off the wall this morning she was so excited! On top of that, she has another "reuse" project planned for tonight with my mom. I'll be heading out taking my son to a special event for second graders at the school called Camp Read-A-Lot. She's going to be making a Cat house for her webkin, Kitty. I'm glad she's come up with this idea all on her own, so she'll be doing something fun and creative while my son and I are gone. I never want her to feel left out. I'm glad my mom is willing to take her since my husband will be stuck filling in for his boss at some big dinner 2 hours away and won't be home until after 11:30. Ugh! We definitely have a full plate today!

No comments: