Friday, April 23, 2010

Busy, busy mommy!

I have to tell you, yesterday just flew right by without even a, "How do you do?".  Wow!  I was busy from sun up to sun down.  I had my normal routine of getting the kids up and ready for school, made sure my son was ready for his class field trip.  Then I was off to PT for an hour of torture on my neck.  After that I ran to the store for dinner ideas before heading home to start it.  I decided on BBQ pork so I got the pork ready and into the oven before relaxing for a whole hour.  I got the kids from school, came home, shredded the beef and added bbq sauce to it and set it to simmer on the stove.  Then I was off again to pick up my daughter's girl scout cookie orders and distribute a few to close friends and family.  We had a yummy dinner, that my husband actually made it home for since he didn't have to go to a work function.  Yippee!  It's the first time we've had dinner together during the week in a long time!  Thank you God!!  It was a nice change of pace. 
Yesterday was a fun filled day for my second grader because not only did he have a field trip but last night he had a special event called Camp Read A Lot and it was only for his grade.  He hurried through a quick shower.  That was quite an accomplishment for him!  He had a few minutes to relax until we were off once again to pick up his friend and head to the school.  They had 5 fun stations that the kids got to go to...all in different parts of the school.  We did campfire sing along (they had some great fake campfires!),  storytime, scavenger hunt, fishing (for words) and the grand finale for our group...sequencing a story about how to make S'mores.  Yum!  Each child got their own S'mores.  The perfect end to a perfect night.  After that we dropped his friend off and then I had to convince him to unwind and get ready for bed.  It took a bit but once his head hit the pillow he was out like a light!  The house by that time was so quiet!  Everyone was asleep, so I just sat for a bit, relaxing and enjoying the silence.
I did have some trouble sleeping because my neck and shoulder got really tight from all the day's activities.  I was up early.  My mom came to watch the kids and get them off to school so I could go to PT.  Unfortunately, I had to go get gas because the car was on empty.  Once I filled it up a nice customer pointed out that one of my tires was flat!  Ugh!  So, I go to turn the car on to move it to the air pump and what should I discover?!  The car won't start!  Grrrr!  Thank God for a nice employee who actually approached me and offered to jump it.  After a few tries it started.  I moved it to the air pump, put some air in the tire and left it to run while I went and got myself a much deserved coffee!  I called PT to tell them I was on my way and would be there shortly.  The great news is...the air held in the tire and the car started.  So far now, all is well and I pray it stays that way.  I'm off to get my son from school and take him to the ENT and then out to lunch.  Tonight is the Father/daughter dance for girl scouts.  I hope my husband will make it home in time and stay awake for it.  Poor man.  I love him so much.  Personally, I can't wait until we can fall into bed together tonight.

No comments: