Tuesday, June 07, 2011

My Birthday Girl...How time flies

This is the most important little girl in my life!  She is my world, my inspiration.  This is my daughter, Little Bee.
I can't believe she turned 7 today.  I remember being pregnant with her and giving birth like it was yesterday.   I remember she was a cute, tiny baby.  She had a lot of trouble gaining weight her first year.  She is still petite.  However, her personality is bigger than life and she won't let any think that tiny means weak.  I am dedicating this post to her...everything she is and everything she'll be.
 I am so proud of my daughter.  She has so many wonderful qualities and I hope she carries them through life. 
She is:
  • Loving
  • Kind
  • Generous
  • Empathetic
  • Driven
  • Smart
  • Sweet
These are just a few things that make her special.  She is a fighter.  She fights for what she wants and what she believes in.  She won't let others push anyone around.  She is stubborn.  She doesn't give an inch at times.  Some would believe these are negative qualities but I have to disagree.  Yes, she drives me to frustration some days because of them but I know they are going to be two of her stronger assets when she gets older.  I hope she never changes.  I hope she always uses her qualities for good and not bad. 
I'm proud of her. 
Here she is at a year old.  It's precious to see her actually sleeping. Truth be told she was colicky her first year and absolutely miserable.  She rarely slept.  I don't think that it helped that my mom would pick her up every time she cried.  My mom was living with us at the time.  Little Bee's favorite place to sleep was in someones arms.  Looking back it's sweet but I'm glad I don't have to relive all those sleepless nights when I was a zombie all day at work from lack of real sleep.  At 7 she is definitely a night owl.  She can stay up later than her brother or daddy.  She will sleep until 9 if there's no school or her brother doesn't wake her up.

Here she is now with her new friend, Princess.  She is confident and full of sass and life.  She is my "boogy boo."  I love my little girl and I hope all her birthdays are filled with family, friends, joy, happiness and laughter.
Mommy LOVES you Boogy Boo!!

No comments: