Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie


Since it's a hot, sweltering day for many I thought I'd share this refreshing dessert with you.  It's quick and easy which makes it a hit in our house.


Ingredients
1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate pie crust

1 (1.7 ounce) box of chocolate pudding

2 cups cold milk   
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1 (8 ounce) container  frozen whipped topping

3 peanut butter cups cut in half

Directions
 
Prepare pudding according to (pudding, not pie) directions on box.
Stir in peanut butter until well blended. 
Fold in whipped topping, reserving some to spread on top. 
Pour mixture into pie shell. 
Smooth out and then top with remaining whipped topping. 
Place peanut butter cup halves around the edge. 
Drizzle with melted
Freeze until set
Thaw for 2 hours in fridge before serving.
 
If you want a single slice you can defrost it in the microwave for a few seconds.  I keep my leftovers (though there's rarely any) in the freezer so the pie holds it shape, but it can be stored in the fridge.
It's easy enough to adapt this to make a reduced sugar or low fat pie.  Just replace ingredients with the reduced sugar/fat options. 
My family loves this pie and requests it often.  I love it because not only is it yummy, it's budget friendly, quick and easy to make.  It's a win-win in my book!
Please let me know if you try it and what you think.  Enjoy!

No comments: