Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Easy and Divine Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

The other night I was craving chocolate and peanut butter. I easily could have went to the cupboard and pulled out a couple Reese's Peanut Butter Cups but I wanted more.
Here's what I came up with and I can honestly say it was a hit with the whole family.


Ingredients:

•  Fudge brownie box mix
•  Ingredients to make box brownie mix
•  3/4 cup peanut butter
•  1/3 cup confectioners sugar
•  2 Tablespoons melted butter
•  1 Large egg
•  Tub of chocolate fudge frosting






Directions:


1.  Make brownie mix according to directions on box.
















2.  Pour batter into greased 9x13 pan.

3. Mix melted butter, confectioners sugar, egg and peanut butter.

















4.  Dollop mixture onto brownie batter.

















5.  Take knife and swirl it through batter.

















6.  Bake according to brownie mix directions.

















7.  Remove from oven.  Cool about 15 minutes so brownies are still warm.  Then slather on chocolate frosting. 


***I wanted to make my own but I was too lazy. It was still decadent!













***Dust with some confectioners sugar for a little pizazz.

















It was rich, gooey, chocolaty with just the right amount of peanut butter. The family has voted and this recipe is a keeper for us!

You know you want to have a bite!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I think I'd be eating these before they cool!

Unknown said...

Yes, Carolyn! They are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! You won't regret making them!!