Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Life...

I thought I'd start out my blog with just a little bit of background.  I hope you can relate to parts of my life, as everyone is inherantly different, yet the same.
I'm 35 years old.  My husband and I will be celebrating our eighth wedding anniversary in May.  I have a bachelor's degree in Communications which I've never used.  This is because I "fell" into the world of retail management as soon as I graduated college.  My simple retail job had an opening for an assistant manager and the pay was great. I was easily making $5,000 more a year to start than if I used my degree.  For a college graduate who needed to pay off over $40,000 in loans it was a huge insentive to put aside my career aspirations for a later daate...which never came.
I met my husband when I was 26.  We were married right before I turned 28.  My son was born right after that and my daughter followed 2 years later.  I also have a wonderful stepdaughter who was 6 when I came into her life.
I've been gotten really good at trying to juggle it all, but it's never easy.  I can honestly say, that as I've gotten older and more has been added to my plate, I get overwhelmed and stressed out a lot more than I'd like.
On this blog I will share the good, the bad, and the sometimes ugly details of my complicated life.  I don't feel it is any more or less complicated than other moms out there...just unique unto itself.  If you can relate please follow along.  Feel free to offer insight and advice.  If  you agree or disagree with me please comment.  I am open to it all because none of us are the same and we learn by sharing our feelings openly with one another!
Welcome!

No comments: