Sunday, July 10, 2011

Journal Posts brought to you by Little Bee

My kids are journaling almost every day.  Here are some of the entries Little Bee wrote last week.  Not bad for a first grader. I added the parts in (parenthesis).  The only rules I have is that they have at least 4 sentences and there's some sort of conclusion.  We also working on adding details to writing.  I'm very proud that she writes without complaint and enjoys it.

6/27/11

We went to the rail trail with J.  I swam in the pool.  Me and my brother had Popsicles.  He had a green and I had a blue.  We went to the library.  We got magazines.  I spent a lot of time with my cat.  I spent a lot of time with my W(ebkin).  I had a great day.
P.S. I did not spend a lot of time with my brother.

6/28/11

I went to the rail trail with J. again.  I swam in the pool with my brother.  I slept over my grandparents.  I had a great time.  We went to get (Goalieboy's) hearing aides.

6/29/11

I went to my friend R's.  We went in the pool.  I loved it.  We went in her house and played with her toys.  We played with her cats.  They are cute.  We played with her horses.  I listened to my storybook (on CD).  I love my day.

6/30/11

I went on the rail trail.  We dropped of my brother's old hearing aid.  We signed me up for gymnastics.  We picked up K (my sister).  We went to Friendly's.  I had a great day.

Here's an email she wrote her teacher.  I typed most of it since she is still getting use to where the letters are on the keyboard.

7/1/11
Dear Ms. N,                                                                            

You are the best teacher ever.  I am going to miss you.  Are you coming to visit us?  What are you doing for the summer?
I swam in my pool this week.  I've been writing in my journal every night about my day.  I also wrote about my cats too.  I walked on the rail trail every day.  I am reading the book called Mrs. Patty is Batty.  My favorite part so far is they get to wear costumes at school for Halloween.
I hope you are having a good summer.
Love,
(Little Bee)

1 comment:

Amanda Nicole said...

That's really cute :) Thanks for sharing.