Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Dear Frickin' Insomnia,

Blogging from bed via phone app on this beautiful morning at 5 freaking o'clock. Been wide awake since 4 a.m.

Why you may ask? Frickin' INSOMNIA that's why. I'm so done with it! It's been a pain in my booty since school ended for the kids.

Dear Insomnia,
Hello...I don't want you here. Go away! You've been visiting here every few days and you're not welcome. You never were.

You're like an unwanted house guest. Didn't you get the memo that we are not accepting visitors at this time? In you're case the invitation got lost in the mail. As in, it was never actually sent. Sorry to hurt your feelings with my harsh words. Um, yeah, not really but I was trying my best to be polite.

I'm mean you say? Sorry but I'm just trying to be honest with you. You're like a tick that can't be removed. Head lice that are tenacious. A headache that just won't stop pounding.

Go the hell away and don't come back! I need my sleep. I have two very active kids. They wake up by 7 a.m. and rarely run out of fuel until I enforce their 9:30 bedtime. I don't have time for this crap. I stay awake for my husband who comes home at 10:30 after working two jobs. I'm often awoken by said husband as he gets ready for work at 3:30/4:00 a.m. I don't get freaking naps as much as I would kill for one. So get lost. Go haunt some other poor sucker.

Would it help if I said pretty please with sugar on top? Dang, I should've said that first. Now, I'm so screwed.

Sincerely,
Me
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ugh! Insomnia is the worst. I'm so not its fan and do hope it decides to leave you alone mighty soon!!! Sending sleepy & stay asleep fairy dust your way, so if you see a little glimmering cloud overhead, make sure to not stand under it until you're ready for some shuteye! ;>:>

~Mistee~ said...

It's funny I have insomnia at night somrtimes too! I make up for it on my off days with naps while the babe sleeps. :-)