Thursday, January 05, 2012

Twisted, Work of a Master Manipulator

Do you have a daddy's girl?  I wouldn't say Little Bee has daddy totally wrapped around her finger yet but she's working on it.

Funny thing is, I know he knows he's bring played.  It depends on his mood and what she's asking for on whether or not he agrees.

This time she just claimed she was hungry to him in that innocent, needy voice. You may know the sound of it.  I knew what was coming next.  She doesn't ask me because she knows what I'll say.

First he says, "Honey you just had some cake".  She says, "But daddy I'm still hungry". This coming from the girl who often eats like a baby bird. She tones her  voice just right to tug on his heart strings. It's like she's starving and hasn't eaten anything besides that piece of cake in hours, maybe days.

Rather than saying ok and offering her a few healthier snack options, he asks what she wants. Now she starts to reel him in. "I don't know daddy", she tells him. Then she pauses as if to think. Then sweetly says, "Maybe can I have a cookie?".  And yes he gives in. 

Ding, ding, ding....we have a winner!!  46 lb, 7 year old destroys 210 lb, 40 year without lifting a finger!  Simply amazing.

And some say it can't be done. Guess they never had a sweet sounding, master manipulator for a daughter. Ha!!

No comments: