Friday, January 27, 2012

Thankful Friday

My work Friday came earlier this week on Wednesday. I spent yesterday doing loads of laundry (wash, dry, fold and put away), sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and baking yummy bread (white and banana).  Today I relaxed and spent a chunk of the day on Pinterest.  Dang it can be addicting!

Things I'm thankful for this week:

*  Most importantly for my family. My husband and kids are my world.

*  Having two days off from work this week!  I got to take the kids to school. I miss doing that. I was able to catch up on things around the house. Much easier when no ones home.

*  It was nice to enjoy a quiet breakfast after taking the kids to school.  I really enjoyed not rushing through it. The strawberries and blueberries, along with my homemade banana bread were divine if I do say so myself.

*  Continuing to teach my son important study habits. He hates to do it but his (our) hard work pays off. He received a 93 on his science test. So proud!

*  Knowing that you can go back home. Our old rink reopened under new ownership at the end of  last year. They're not 100% operational yet but they have put together a rec youth league. We took my son to play there last week since he didn't have a game. It was nice being back. It's not the same but it will always feel like home. He got to see some of his old teammates and we got to catch up with the parents. We're going to go back again this Saturday and next. Home sweet home. Can't beat it.

*  Doctor appointments booked over the next few weeks. Goalieboy is having his heating aides adjusted. He's lost about 10 decibels of hearing and only hears we'll when his aides are turned up to 3 instead of 2. Both kids will be seeing the eye doctor. Looking into how much of a problem Goalieboy is having with tracking. It may be effecting his learning so more testing might need to be done.  Both kids will definitely continue to be in glasses.

Hoping we make it through next month without any major bills. We're dead broke right now. Can't wait to get our taxes done and we have some tax money to throw at our bills.

Stay focused on the positives and work through negatives.  That's my motto right now.  How was your week?

1 comment:

Awkward and Random said...

I miss having a day off during the week while the kids are in school - a little peace and a lot done! Unless you get caught up in Pinterest, or Twitter, or Facebook, or... Which I tend to do.

I hope you do make it through the month with no major bills! I'm just hoping to get through tax season without owing this year!