Friday, January 27, 2012

Slow Cooker Pizza

Slow Cooker Pizza






This recipe is super easy and my kids loved it! 


Ingredients:

1.  Pizza Dough (I purchase ready made from the grocery store)
2.  Olive Oil
3.  Choice of toppings

Directions:

1.  Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.

2.  Stretch/roll out dough to roughly the size of the bottom of your crock (slightly more).  I'm lazy.  I stretch it a
      bit and then put it in the crock and then stretch it along the bottom and up the sides a bit.

3.  Drizzle with olive oil.

4.  At this point I generously shake some parmesan cheese on top (love the taste and texture) and then I
     added peperoni.

5.  Put a kitchen towel or a few folded paper towels under the lid to collect moisture.

6.  Crock on high for 2-4 hours.  Check at 2.  I checked at 2 and a half and a corner of mine was over
     done.  If your crock heats unevenly you may want to turn it and hour in to get even cooking.  I wish
     I had remembered to do that.

7.  5 minutes before I'm ready to pull it out sprinkle with mozzarella cheese (Mmmmm!).

I haven't attempted to add sauce to the top of the pizza before crocking.  I'm going to try it soon. I set out pizza or marinara sauce for the kids to dip their pieces in.  I'm also going to try it with black olives next time.  Can't wait!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks interesting! I have never thought of making pizza in my slow cooker. You have inspired me to try this.

Unknown said...

Let me know what you think! I'm trying a lot of new things in my slow cooker and plan on posting more recipes as I try them.

Lady Goo Goo Gaga said...

Wow, I never heard of this....I might have to try it!!