Saturday, August 13, 2011

Vacation Time Is Here


So excited that my husband worked his last shift at either job last night!  Woohoo!  He won't return to work until Tuesday, August 22nd!

Today I've convinced him we should just relax and enjoy a day of nothing.  So far it's going ok but he's got an itch to use the free tickets he got to a local water park.  We'll see what happens. 

This morning for the first time in maybe forever, I got to laze in bed until 10 a.m.  I slept until 9.  It was absolutely divine!   Goalieboy was sleeping over the grandparents. Dancer Girl and Little Bee's are at friend's houses.  I actually have to get off the computer and go pick them up. I'm procrastinating.

Hubby said the sweetest things to me this morning when I woke up.  He embraced me and nestled me close to his chest.  He murmured in my ear that this will be a wonderful week for us.  We're going to have a lot of fun.  Kick back and enjoy each other.  We're going to show and tell how much we love each other.  We're going to get it on a lot...lol.  You know what I mean. 

He was so endearing.  I know he wants to get in my pants. I know TMI but it was cute.  See, he's always under a lot of work stress and I'm always going crazy juggling the kids.  We are tired and stressed out more times than we care to be around each other.  Unfortunately, sometimes that translates into major grumpiness around one another.  We tend to argue more when we've got something big coming up....vacations, holidays, birthdays, etc.  It's the added stress that gets to us.  We've vowed this time that we are slamming the NEGATIVE emotion door and just enjoying all the positives in our lives.

We still don't have an actual vacation plan.  I'm a planner by nature and it's driving me a bit batty.  But, I'm tucking it away and going to go with the flow.  I'm sure my husband will be amazed when I don't nag him about where we're going and what we're doing.

***Since we'll be off on some adventure of another this coming week I have several posts scheduled to post and a couple guest posters.  Show them some love when they stop by!

Happy Saturday everyone!!

1 comment:

Mumma said...

I'm soooo envious. My little one is only six months old and I'd die for a 'stay' or 'va' cation with hubby.
We do the stress-and-take-it-out-on-each-other thing too. So reconnecting is super important for us.
ENJOY EVERY SECOND WITH HUBBY! Getting it on is a good thing! :)