I'm excited to be linking up for the first time with Life's Recipe and Life with Baby Donut for Life's Lessons.
Here's a few of the things I've learned this week:
* Though I love when my brothers visit 10 days is a LONG time.
* I hate when they (brothers) try to "parent' my kids. That's my job, Thank you very much. Your job is to
spoil them and let me be the bad guy. I do have everything under control, even if it doesn't look like it. I
I know you're just trying to help, but it drives me nuts.
* My younger brother will never change. He comes to visit with good intentions but rarely follows through.
It's ok. I have to stop getting my expectations up.
* Though my older brother has mental/emotional handicaps my son will always show him love and respect.
this makes my heart sing because even my parents don't even do this.
* My parents will always treat my older brother like a mentally challenged child even though he is smart. It
breaks my heart. They're setting a bad example for my children. I am learning to accept this too and
show them the right way to act by my actions and talking to them openly about it.
* A visit to the lake with friends is just what I needed after my brothers went home. It was relaxing and fun
* Though Dancer Girl can be a selfish teenager at times, she loves us. She actually sent me a text telling
me she missed the kids while she was at her mom's house for a few days. I know this but it did melt
* My husband and I are trying hard not to let the stress of his two jobs and my feeling of single momdom
get in the way of us. In the past it has and we've acknowledged it and vowed to work hard at
keeping it at bay this week.
* Excitement about being together as a family this week on vacation. It's been almost a year since the last
one. We don't have everything planned out since rain is in the forecast for the whole East Coast most of
the week so we're taking it a few days at a time. I'm ok with that. I just want to relax and enjoy being
together. I'm going to give up some control and not stress (much) about not having concrete plans.
* It's wonderful when my husband unexpectedly gives me flowers. It brightened an otherwise dark day.
* Kids will get hurt and sick, we can get through it. Goalieboy bruised his ankle with the van door on
Thursday. Little Bee came down with a virus of some sort the same day. I spent the whole night with her
while she battled a 103 fever.
* Smart phone apps at 4 o'clock in the morning can be a lifesaver when your feverish, sick child can't sleep.
She was entertained until the Motrin kicked in and she finally was able to sleep.
* Sleepovers are lots of fun when you're kids are away spending the night torturing some other poor adult.
I'm thankful for this and will return the favor one day soon I'm sure.
* And wine is a great way to enjoy a child free evening!
Image by Cool Text: Free Graphics Generator -
What did you learn last week? Care to share?