It's that time of the week again...T.G.I.F.!!
I like to take this time to look back at the week. Even if it's been a bad week there's always things to be grateful for and I take this time to reflect.
1. I have a job! It may be only part time and not pay much but it's honest work. It's a start.
2. I had a wonderful time spending the holiday weekend with my family and visiting my brother in Buffalo.
3. I had some awesome Buffalo food and I can't wait to go back for more!
4. It didn't rain for a week here. The first time since before Hurricane Irene at the end of August. It's been
sprinkling the last few days but no flood warnings. I am very thankful for this.
5. Co-workers that I like. It's been 3 weeks and no drama so far. I love it. I don't think I've ever worked
at a job that didn't have quite a bit of drama. The women I work with are nice, fun and entertaining. One
is a little "crazy" but that's OK. There's always one in the bunch!
6. I'm starting to carve out blogging time. I come home from work, relax for a bit and then have an hour or
so to write before I'm off to get the kids from school.
7. My son has found a book series he enjoys reading. He just got one from the library on Tuesday and is
over half way done with it. I let him stay up a little later last night because he was quietly reading in his
room. I'm so excited!
8. My son did well on his vocabulary and spelling tests he took Tuesday. Awesome news since we had little
time to study while we were gone. We totally forgot about the spelling test and he only got one wrong.
9. Great email from son's teacher. His talking is minimal to nonexistent so we are going to hold off on
putting a reward system in place. He's doing so much better over all this year. His academics are good
and his distracting behavior (talking/focus) is almost nil. I couldn't be prouder or happier. He's right
where he needs to be.
What do you have to be thankful for this week?