Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quick yummy treats

I wanted to share a couple easy cookie/bar recipes that my family loves.  Both take barely anytime to put together and the results are yummy.  The first recipe is my version of a S'mores bar.  I made these the first time for my annual cookie party last Christmas.  My mommy friends inhaled them and I had several requests for the recipe.  The second recipe is one I tried and tweaked a bit.  I love lemon cookies and lemon bars but sometimes don't have the time or all the necessary ingredients on hand.  This recipe is almost as easy as one of those packaged cookie mixes.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my family did.  Happy baking!

S'mores Bars

Ingredients:
3/4 cup margarine

3 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 cup chocolate chips

1 cup peanut butter chips

1 cup Heath toffee chips

1 cup mini marshmallows

1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk


Directions:

Prep Time: 10 mins

Total Time: 35 mins

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In  13 x 9 pan combine margarine with graham cracker crumbs and press into bottom of pan to form even crust.
3. Evenly sprinkle chocolate, peanut butter and toffee chips over crust.
4. Repeat with marshmallows.
5. Drizzle condensed milk over everything.
6. Bake 25 minuters or untill bubbly.
 
Easy Lemon Cookies
 
Ingredients:


1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix

2 eggs

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 Tablespoon  lemon juice

1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2.Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon juice until well blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3.Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.

4. Remove from oven and sift confectioners sugar over cookies while still hot.

***If you find the dough too sticky just put in  fridge for 30 minutes.
***You can add more or less lemon juice to taste and add lemon zest to make it pop.
***If you don't have lemon juice, lemon extract can be substituted.

No comments: