My family loves corned beef. All of them!! Amazing, especially since Little Bee is not much of a meat eater.
I always make it in the crockpot because it's quick and easy. I love that I can throw it together and walk away from it the rest of the day. Nothing like preparing a meal you don't have to babysit.
• Corned beef brisket with spice packet (tried flat cut this year and loved it!!)
• 1 medium onion cut into wedges
• 4 potatoes
• 3 garlic cloves minced
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1. Remove brisket from package and throughly rinse with cold water, then place in crockpot .
2. Place remaining ingredients on and around brisket (excluding potatoes unless you like them cooked that way).
3. Fill crockpot with enough water to cover brisket.
4. Wrap potatoes individually in foil and place on top of brisket.
5. Cook 1 hour in high and 6 on low or 8-9 hours on low. Remove bay leaf before serving.
*** Cook in a 5-7 qt crockpot. Serves 4 with leftovers. Yum!
*** Potatoes can be cut into quartered and placed under brisket. The same with carrots. We don't like veggies cooked in the crockpot that way so I make foil packets.
*** Cabbage can be cut into wedges and added to the pot the last hour of cook time.
Enjoy and Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!