Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday May 23rd

Sorry I haven’t been posting as I had planned.  We’ve hit the end of the school year rush a bit early.  Back in NY school goes into late June.  Here its done the first week in June.  To top that off we had Mother’s Day and our Anniversary just days apart.  We celebrated 11 years of marriage on May 16th.  Well, actually we celebrated on the 15th because my man had a mandatory late work day on the 16th.  I’m very thankful we got to spend a few hours relaxing and reconnecting while enjoying a fabulous anniversary dinner.

This Thursday I am thankful for so much in my life.  Here are just a few things:

 

  • My husband for being a hard worker.  Though his hours are much better he does have a long daily commute and spends time away from us occasionally.  This week he’s been away since Tuesday and will be getting home late tonight.  I can’t wait to welcome him back home!

 

  • My children for their perseverance.  This week is end of the year testing at school.  Both my children have been doing great at home and at school.  The education system puts a lot of pressure on kids.  I’m proud at how hard mine have worked.  I’ve told them to take their time and do their best.  That’s all anyone can ask.  I made it a point of saying that these test scores don’t matter, their effort is what counts.  I’ve told them each morning and at pickup how proud I am of them.  I don’t want them to fear these tests and stress over them to the point of getting ill.  They’ve been really good especially with daddy gone.  When daddy’s out of town or they’re stressed/worried about something they usually act out and I come close to losing my mind.  I’m thankful to say, not this week.  They haven’t been arguing with each other much, listening to me better and taking their time through the tests.  I’m so proud they are doing their best, especially my daughter as its her first year testing and she’s been a bit nervous.  Her teacher gave her a hug yesterday and told her how proud she was of her.  She even wrote me a note saying that she took her time and did her best.  It made both our days.  Proud mommy here!

 

  • My yard.  Yes, you read that right, I’m thankful for my yard!  Our old house had a very tiny back yard and no front yard.  Here my kids are able to run around and enjoy the outside to its fullest. My son plays hockey in the driveway, my daughter rides her bike up and down the driveway and around the cul-de-sac.  They play soccer, baseball and chase on the lawn and climb one of the trees in the front yard.  Its what I grew up with (minus the cul-de-sac) and I’m glad we were able to rent something with a large yard for them to enjoy.  Plus I just put in some flowers to pretty up the front of the house.  Love our home!

 

  • Finally, I’m thankful for the few unscheduled hours I have during the school day.  Lately, I’ve given myself “permission” to sit down a bit, relax and read.  I’ve actually read 4 books in the last few weeks and that’s been unheard of this year.  I appreciate some me time.  Its rare even when the kids are at school and the hubby is working.  I’m learning to embrace it especially since school ends in a 2 short weeks.  However, I’m looking forward to a fun filled summer exploring Carolina with my kids!  The weekends where hubby’s free too will be extra special!

 

Heading outside to enjoy my book while listening to the gentle breeze blow through the trees and the birds chirping.  Enjoy your day and the holiday weekend!  And don’t forget to share what your thankful for today!  Happy Thankful Thursday ya’ll!

1 comment:

Long trần said...

Thanks a lot for sharing and I have some special things for you. If you are in free time. Read and ponder the good quotes of life below, you will surely draw in life's own deep lessons.need a hug quotes and or you can relax by playing the game after the tired working timerally racing gamesYou can relax by reading the stories asdanh sách truyện ngôn tình hay nhất. Each article definitely sexmang to give you the most comfortable feeling. Enjoy the experience!