Friday, April 27, 2012

Sweet Tooth Confessions

Confession time.  I have a major sweet tooth.  Some days I seem only to be craving sweets to eat.  Not good at all. I confess my sweet tooth needs to go away.  Far away!

I'm slowly working my family towards  healthier eating habits. We're all healthy and where we need to be as far as weight is concerned. However, I know processed food is not good for our bodies and I'm trying to make a change. I don't think we'll ever be 100% whole foods though that would be great.  I'm willing to make changes while also being realistic. Things like this don't happen overnight.

That being said...my sweet tooth (teeth in reality, every dingle dang one of them) is holding me back.  My cravings definitely cycle and its not always around "that time of the month".  The last week has been sugar central for me.  Not good at all.

My husband will tell you that while I'm not the best cook (thanks honey) I am a good at making desserts, treats and yummy snacks. He says its my talent.  Some are healthy. Most, not so much.

Here are my sweet downfalls:

Anything with chocolate and peanut butter.  Enough said.

Brownies...Full fledge MAJOR addiction people!!

Chocolate chip cookies....Warm and melts out of the oven.

Twizzlers....Funny thing is I don't crave them until I've had one.  Ugh. 

Sponge Candy....It's a Buffalo thing. I had my dad bring back four (don't judge) containers when he visited my brother in February.  I've been really good. I have two tubs left.  Hoping for more in June.

On a positive note, most of the sweets I eat are homemade.  So its not processed and I can control fat and sugar content.  I just have to work on controlling those things.

What foods are your downfall?

Ummm....hubby brought home a big package of Twizzlers and they're calling me.  Excuse me while I run away from them and my sweet tooth cravings!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your post...so relatable! I too appreciate a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or 10! Really have never met a carb that I didn't like.

OpinionsToGo

Unknown said...

Reeses peanut butter cups are definitely an addiction!! I have a few posts here tou must check out: peanut butter swirl brownies and another for Reeses p.b. cup brownie "cupcakes! Three words To.Die.For!
Btw...Hubby is killing me! He brought home donuts after him and Goalieboy finished sticks and pucks at the rink. Sigh....

ShirleyRunner said...

Stopping by from the Mom Blog hop and I also love sweets, I can totally relate to your post.

Anonymous said...

I love cupcakes, and chocolate bars and fruit covered in chocolate. I don't have them too often but when I do it's hard to stop!! Great post, I'm a new follower from the blog hop :) x

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Motivated Mom of Two and Michelle! Great to meet other sweet loving women. :)