Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bacon Cheddar Mashed Potatoes #KernelSeasons



I was so excited when Kernel Seasons approached me again to help with the launch of their 3 new flavors: Bacon Cheddar, Buffalo Wing and Pizza.  Not only was I excited but the kids couldn't wait to try what I was making. 

I decided to use the Bacon Cheddar seasoning in my trusty mashed potato recipe I use from Allrecipes.com with a few simple tweaks.  My kids gobbled these up and asked for seconds.  My husband said they were amazing.  Enough said.  The delicious taste of bacon and cheddar without out all the calories.  Definitely a win in my book.


Ingredients:




  • 6 Red Potatoes, washed and cubed
  • 1/2  cup warm milk
  • 1/4 cup margarine/butter
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • pepper to taste
  • 1 capful of Kernel Seasons Bacon and Cheddar seasoning



Washed potatoes.  I don't peel them because I like the texture and additional nutritional value the skins add.



Directions:

  • Place cubed potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.  Bring to a boil and cook 20-25 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.  This means that the potatoes slide off the fork when pierced.




  • Drain well and put potatoes back into warm pot.
  • Add warm milk, sour cream, salt, pepper, butter and bacon cheddar seasoning.




  • Mash well (incorporating all ingredients) until light and fluffy.




I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine did!


P.S. I have another recipe I will be posting using Kernel Seasons Pizza Seasoning in the next few days.  Stay Tuned!

No comments: