Tuesday, May 04, 2010

So, I finally filed...

Well, I finally did it. I didn't want to do it but I did. I filed. I hate having to do it. What, did I file do you ask? I finally filed for unemployment. Being out on worker's comp, I didn't know I was even eligible for unemployment. That is a definite plus about having a lawyer finally. He told me a few weeks ago I could file but I had some problems understanding it on the computer. I was going to go down to the local office but that's the day I had to take my car in for the tire issue and ended up spending all morning and most of the afternoon there. The hard thing about calling the unemployment line is that you can only call on certain days of the week, depending on the first letter of your last name. i missed it last week due to PT and a few other things. But, I'm on track now. I filled it all out to the best of my ability through the automated portion and then verified a few things with the nice lady who reviewed it with me. She was so helpful. She gave me their fax number and told me the paperwork I should send over concerning my comp claim. They need a doctors note releasing me to work with restrictions and a C-8 form from worker's comp. At first I didn't think I had a C-8 form but the lady told me what it looked like and sure enough I did have one. Yippee!


I hate being considered "unemployed" but my bank account is now under $300 and I'm only getting a check for $152/week which is nothing.

I'm starting to worry about the money issue. I mean, it's always been in the back of my mind but I've tried not to think about it. Any money I have goes towards....groceries (I buy the majority of whatever we need), electric, gas for my car and whatever the kids needs are (clothes, shoes, presents, etc). Sigh. It's going to start getting really tight! I thank God every day that I saved most of the tax money I got back last year. I had wanted to spend it on bunk beds (among other things) for the girls since my daughter is outgrowing her toddler bed (she's tiny but definitely in need of a twin bed now) but something had me holding off over the summer and early fall. I told myself it was because I hadn't found the right bed. But I guess it was because I had an eerie feeling I'd need it for something else.

To make matters worse, my husband may be in jeopardy of losing his job. I pray it doesn't happen. He may be a poor husband at times but he's a really good manager. I know because he's won numerous awards for various companies over the years plus I worked for the same company years back. I think his company is trying to cut costs and they think the way to do it is to get rid of those making larger salaries. I hope this doesn't happen.

No comments: